Friday, February 10, 2012

How it Feels to Be Voted #1, A Personal Reflection

We worked extra hard this year. Last year too. The staff believes as if we are the # 1 bridal salon. They perform and behave as if it’s a matter of fact. It is an amazing gift to walk into an atmosphere where everyone is giving it their all. We have a remarkable chemistry and everyone on the team plays a part. We are like a chain. Sometimes a link needs repair. It is then that we lean on one another to rebuild what has been weakened and make that part stronger. It is all for the common purpose of providing the best possible experience for our brides, moms, maids, prom girls and attendants. The concept is simple but the application requires great effort. When the call from Long Island Press came this morning, we all kind of held our breath in anticipation of the results of the six week long vote for the Best Bridal Store on Long Island in which we were one of 12 stores nominated. I didn’t want to know the verdict, and I did, like covering your eyes with an open hand during a scary movie. Doris took the call. I could stand it no longer so I headed to her office where she gave me the biggest smile and held up 1 finger telling me that we came in 1st place. Enter emotion. I think when a blessing is made so clear and more importantly that I recognize it as a blessing, I become so infused with gratitude that it just takes over. Andrea and Tamy were there to receive the news, and their reaction was priceless. Carole jumped up and down when she came on and returned texts from Antonella, Annie, and Maryellen seemed to leap through my phone.


I don’t really think the victory was simply the glory of winning a contest that our loyal customers for over 47 years took part in. Although I am proud to come in ahead of chain stores and multiple location stores, I don’t think that was the main cause for the burst of emotion, either. I think that when you follow your heart and do what you believe is right and just, no matter what effort is required; and you work side by side with a tireless team with the same goal; and realize that sometimes you have to let go of control and listen some more and put it in the Hands; and after all that, someone affirms this by telling you that what you believed all along is what others believe too; that it’s magical. I would like to thank our wonderful, dedicated and loyal customers for voting for us. I would also like to thank the best staff, not only in Long Island, but anywhere, for thinking it and seeing it through. Voted #1 Best Bridal Salon on Long Island 2012, by Long Island Press!

No comments:

Post a Comment